Priority will be given to projects that focus on one or more of the following activities:
- Targeting areas with high rates of unemployment
- Encouraging increased participants of minority groups, disadvantaged individuals and women
- Providing career pathways that support the movement of targeted populations from initial or short-term employment opportunities to sustainable careers
- Leveraging the use of other resources to support the proposed project
- Addressing gaps in areas with current or projected workforce shortages in fields related to highway construction
- Pre-employment training/preparation tracking
- Recruitment and hiring
Eligible Applicants: State Department of Transportations (other state agencies or local governments may apply through their State Department of Transportation as sub-recipients)
Match: No match is required. However, greater weight will be given to applications with higher non-Federal match.
Award Floor: none
Award Ceiling: $500,000
Deadline: December 23, 2015
For further information or assistance in applying for funding opportunities, contact KLJ at 701 355 8400.